- Pride Glasgow’s Weekend is Scotland’s biggest celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender culture. It is a two day ticket only event held in an enclosed area of Glasgow Green.
- The tender is for the rights to supply and manage specialist food concessions for the duration of the Festival in full compliance with all statutory requirements and in full compliance with Pride Glasgow’s Health and Safety policy.
- Pride Glasgow shall not be bound to accept the highest or any tender submitted.
- The appointment will be made on the most suitable tender, depending on price, quality and relevant experience.
- Only those organisations / individuals who have made an expression of interest will be invited to tender. Under no circumstances must the application for tender by disclosed or distributed to any other party without prior consent of Pride Glasgow, contact named in point 7.
- Please confirm that you have received this document and that you wish to submit a tender to the contact named in point 7. The confirmation does not formulate any contract with Pride Glasgow.
- The brief has been sent by email The programme for submission of tender is as follows:
Brief distributed Monday 6th February
Tenders to be received On Application
Tender Submissions via http://festival.pride.scot/catering-concessions
- In an effort to ensure and maintain variety and quality of the food on offer, Pride Glasgow may determine acceptance on basis of trade.
- Additional food outlets may be provided as part of the Market area at the festival which will be operated by Pride Glasgow (or by an appointed market operator on behalf of Pride Glasgow.) Pride Glasgow will ensure that there is no conflict of interest with the appointed food concessions operator and that trade will not be conducted outside the designated Market area
Terms of Tender:
- The Tender shall be:
Duration of Tender: 14th & 15th July 2018
Total Number of Trading Days: 2
Hours of Trading:
Saturday 12:00hrs – 22.00 hrs
Sunday 13:00hrs – 21:00 hrs
- Location: Kelvingrove Park, Glasgow
- Concessions Locations on Site The locations of the concessions will be determined in conjunction with the successful operator(s) we are looking for between 4 and 6 hot food concessions on the festival site alongside up to 3 dessert style units with the exception of ice cream vans which will be separate.
- Very Important: No power will be available units should be self contained or make use of a silenced diesel generator
- All load in and load out times to be provided in writing by Pride Glasgow
- All food concessions must have prior agreement agreed with Pride Glasgow and must provide the following for inspection by Pride Glasgow and Glasgow City Council:
- Photocopy of British Food Hygiene Certificates (BFHC)
- Detailed menus and price lists
- Photographs of outdoor operation
- Photocopy of Public and Employers Liability Insurance Certificate
- The operator must be in full compliance with all on-site requests from the Pride Glasgow Event management team with regards to location and health & safety and ensure that all individual food concession are in full compliance.
- The operator must take full responsibility and management of the food concessions during the Pride Glasgow Festival
- The operator must agree to make full financial compensation to Pride Glasgow for:
- any delay in removing food concessions from the site following the completion of the festival
- any reinstatement works to the site following the festival caused by any of the food concessions.
- A familiarity and understanding of the Pride Glasgow event which is a LGBT festival and has a zero tolerance policy.
- This tender is to run the main catering concessions an additional VIP AREA will exist which may have its own unit(s)
- Payment Terms: first installment of 50% to be paid upon issue of contact and the second and final installment to be paid in full by 30th April 2018
- No Tender will be considered if it doesn’t include a menu of items with pricing.